Friday, October 17, 2014

My best feature is definitely my hands - what's yours?

I am hoping everyday that things will slow down so I can prepare for little miss "A" (aka sprout #2). However, things are just the opposite. As soon as I turn around my tiny "to-do list" has turned into a massive home remodel. Sheesh! I've always had my husband on board to rein me back in and discourage me from projects as such, but not this time! Say what? You're really agreeing to help paint all of the kitchen cabinets white? replace countertops? and install a new back splash? Who are you and were is James? Maybe he knows that I'm just in nesting mode right now and he's entertaining any hair-brained idea I have to appease my ever-changing hormones? Maybe he knows that this is something that I would love to do but have not the energy nor the time to take on such a task. Either way, he's a saint. He truly is and I am lucky to call him my mate.

Well back to my "to-do list". It's getting bigger & bigger and I am totally to blame. Things are fine as is but I am telling you, being creative is a curse. A big huge curse. And if you're creative, you can probably agree with me. I'm not saying I'm talented but I am driven to use my hands, recently it seems like on a daily basis, to make something. Anything. I can't get away from it, and the more things I make, the more things I make, if that makes any sense. Crafts, baking, cooking, painting, etc; they tend to have a snowball effect with me. To all of you non-creatives who wish you were creative, I'm sorry for saying that creativity is a curse, I wouldn't change it for the world and sorry if you rolled your eyes at my comment. It's just that I find myself slaving over projects that I could have spent half the money & probably just an email or phone call to buy. Instead, knowing that I can take on such tasks, I do it. Not for the recognition, just for the mere fact that my hands are by-far my best feature and I'm determined to make the most of them! And not to mention I have a plethora of craft/art/baking/cooking materials, utensils, supplies that really need to get used to make room for other things. Baby things, big girl things, toys and school stuff.

So without further ado, here are some of the things that I have been working on:

A sweet dollhouse for my cousin's sweet baby.






And a craft supply box.





Here are the free printables:
I will post a link to the PDF for a higher resolution of the labels, and also details on where I purchased all the items for the craft box.



No comments:

Post a Comment

d
Images by Freepik