Saturday, July 2, 2016

Time to Cook (but not really)! THE best play kitchen ever!

Best play kitchen ever!






So I've been dying to share the greatest kitchen of all time! It really is the greatest, I mean aside from the fact that you can't actually cook anything in it, it is my dream kitchen - just miniaturized!
And there are a few reason's this is so special to me - first of all it was a collaboration between my mother-in-law, my mom, me and my dad (mostly my dad though). Also, the entertainment center was from my Auntie Emma and Uncle Bobby's home and they are two of my favorite peeps! And the kitty clock was from Grandpa Coco. Another reason I covet this little gem, it's made of wood and well, you know, I have an affinity for any toy made of wood.

So the story started like this - "Mom, what do you think about Daddy making a play kitchen for Madeline? (at the time she was our only baby) I think that's a great idea, your dad needs to keep busy with something." A week later, Miss M. had her very own play kitchen! And it couldn't be cuter, really. I picked the colors and the basic design and my dad put all the touches on it, the cook top, the faucet, the sink, the handles, and the window and sill. I found the fabric at JoAnn and made the curtains with the help of my mother-in-law. We of course added all the play food and it has been quite a hit with the girls and their friends. I love so much about it but especially the fact that it's a toy and unobtrusive to the eye like, let's face it, most toys out there are a little "loud". And it actually goes quite well with the decor in our home.

Well I hope you enjoy looking at this kitchen as much as we do.
BTW, do you have any kid toy DIY's? Share them in the comments if you would like! And thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

d
Images by Freepik